Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Writing Time March 30 2009

Wake Up: 4:40am

Push ups: 60
Sit ups: 20
Pull ups: 10
Chin ups: 5


Writing Time: 5:00am - 6:10am


Worked on "The Waking Hour" this morning.

Had a good day, but not as productive as I would have liked. I'm going to start keeping track of my writing sessions on here, and hopefully it will motivate me to Keep Moving Forward.

Man I love that line. It's from the Disney movie "Meet The Robinson's" and I'm always repeating it to myself.

I usually write my word count, but since I have been rewriting for so long, word count doesn't matter. No proof of what is accomplished, actually the total word count would go down do to taking things out. Ugh!!!!

Rewrite,
Rewrite,
Rewrite,

I printed out 100 pages of "The Waking Hour" so I can start reading it, to get a feeling of where I'm at, and guess what.

Rewrite,
Rewrite,
Rewrite,

It's strange because I have chapters that I read and are great. (at least I think they are, but I don't want to bust my bubble now) I read it and then say, I wrote that? George are you sure?

But than I have chapters that are just completely off. These chapters lack something and it's so hard to tell what it is. Although I think I may have figured it out.

I think the chapters that are flat, lack voice.

I'm not sure, but I think I am going to go back and completely rewrite one of those chapters, just to see how it turns out.

Well that's it for today. Until tomorrow,

George

No comments: