Friday, May 8, 2009

The Best things In Life Are Free, Junk Included

Wake Up: 5:40

Push Ups: 70
Sit Ups: 20
Pull Ups: 10


Writing Time: None

Yeah that's right. I didn't get any writing time in this morning. I forfeited my writing time this morning to make April a mothers day card.

Shhhhh....... Don't tell April.

Oh, um.....well she probably read this. Surprise April!

Anyway, it looks like it's going to be really nice out today. It makes me feel good to see sunshine. I was getting rather down from all the rain.


I have to take out the windows in the camper for the kids tree house today. That will be fun. I was going to demolish the camper, then sell the frame but I have changed my mind. I am going to take everything out of it, then put it out for free. The ultimate freebie.

We are already known as the house that put stuff out for free.

Seriously, people say..... "Oh you live in the house that puts free stuff out all the time." I'm not kidding.

I guess that's what happens when you buy storage auctions and are left with a lot of junk.

One mans junk is another mans treasure. I can tell the economy is in the tank right now, because people take anything.

Really, I mean anything. From old stained mattresses, to wet Winnie the Pooh bean bags. We have had stuff out there that got soaked from a rain storm, (bean bag) and we were going to bring it to the dump the next day. Well, we woke up and it was ALL gone. All but a few small plastic scraps.

Who says we never give to our community!

Well anyway, I don't want to dismantle the camper because I would like to start the tree house.
Although I am running into trouble finding the right hardware to attach the two 6x6 beams to the tree's. I have it in my mind, but I can't find the right hardware that's rated for the weight.

I want it to be safe, and I want it to last. I want it to last because eventually when the kids move out, I want my writing studio in it.

Well. hopefully we will have a new house by then, but we will see. Either way, I think if I make it cool enough it may be a good selling point for the house.

We'll see.

Well I think that's it for today. I can't believe it is Friday already.
BACK TO WORK!
Yuck.
Well those are the Thoughts Of A George

No comments: