Friday, May 15, 2009

Pretending to get paid to write and The Shining?

Wake Up: 5:20

Push Ups: 70
Sit Ups: 20
Pull Ups: 10

Writing Time: 5:45 - 6:45



Not a bad writing morning. Gained a little ground, although not as much as I would have liked. I worked on my non fiction project which seems to be going pretty well. I really have to make my pitch and outline for the writing conference in less than TWO WEEKS!

I think I'll have to think about it this weekend, while I'm working.

Does that constitute me getting paid for writing?

Yeah, you're right. No it doesn't!

I think writing this blog has helped with my non fiction writing, or at least getting comfortable with it. It's good practice, and although I don't say anything groundbreaking, it's a good way to get some of those extra words out of my head.

There are quite a few up there, too many sometimes. It's frustrating because they all want to come out at once, but I don't have enough time to get them down. So I let them battle among themselves.

For some reason I just thought of the movie, The Shining. When Jack, the protagonist, writes a whole book that says:

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

Line, after line.......... after line.

I just had a thought, what if you published a book that had that line in it....... you know, like as if Jack Torrance (The Shining protagonist) wrote it...

One second, I'll be right back...............


Okay I'm back. Yeah guess what. It's already been done. This artist by the name of Phil Buehler already self published it. Imagine that.......



The book is here if you're interested in taking a look: Here is the novel - All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

Pretty funny huh.

Well, that's it for today.

Lot's of yard work to do. It's supposed to be nice out today.

So those are the Thoughts of a George,

See you on Tuesday morning,

No comments: