Thursday, May 7, 2009

Conversations with Rocks, Karma, and A Lonely Acorn

Wake Up: 4:50

Push Ups: 70
Sit Ups: 20
Pull Ups: 10

Writing Time: 5:10am -6:10am


Not a bad writing morning overall. I got some rewriting done on The Waking Hour, and it felt good to get a solid hour in.

I was disappointed to find that it was raining outside.

I worked on some of the pictures for my children's story a little (The Lonely Little Acorn). Only ten minutes worth, and ten minutes isn't much, trust me.

The story is about a little acorn that is afraid to leave his limb. With the coaxing from his elder, (Father Oak) he builds up the confidence to tackle the world. I really like this story.

It is very time consuming, and I really like working on the pictures. I'm doing all digital pictures for it, and although it looks pretty good, it is so hard to get it just right. It would probably be easier if I just draw them. Too bad I can't draw very well.

Does anyone out there believe in Karma?

I do. Sometimes it is one of the things that keeps me going. Sometimes it helps me get past certain things in my life. Things that I have no control over.

Karma is when ones past deeds, affects all that happens to them in the present and future.

Basically, what goes around, comes around.

Whether it is lying, treating others a certain way, or even something as simple as holding the door open for someone. These actions will affect you in the future, whether it's today, tomorrow or maybe when your eighty years old.

I try to live by it.

I took out my satchel of rocks this morning.

I know it sounds funny. What do I have a satchel of rocks for.

They help me think when I hold them. I cradle them in my hand, move them around to feel their cool smoothness on my skin. They make the sound of marbles in my palm.

I have five of them all together, all about the size of a quarter.

One of the rocks is flat with a slight orange hue. This one has the word Clarity engraved in it. It helps me clear my mind.

Another one of the rocks is a rock that my sister Michelle gave me a long time ago. It is also smooth and is called a wisdom rock. If you hold it up to the light, you can see small filaments inside its faintly cloudy surface. This one helps me think.

Another one is pink, with a white marble interior. This one makes me feel passionate and seems to open my heart.

The two other rocks are not as smooth as the others. These were found on the beach, and have more of a rough earthy feel to them. These two make a different sound than the others and are shaped more like wafers. These two rocks remind me of earthly elements.

Now, there you have it. Yes I am crazy, but at least I don't talk to the rocks. Well at least not all the time.


Well, those are The Thoughts Of A George,

Until tomorrow,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You still have that - it brought tears to my eyes. Love you!

I finally got to the post office yesterday, so you should get my feedback on Waking Hour and A Lonely Acorn soon any day.