Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Laughing, Treasures, and .........Oh I forgot!

Wake up: 5:05
Push Ups: 70
Sit Ups: 20
Pull Ups: 10




I didn't want to get up this morning. I guess that's what happens when you go to bed at 11:15pm.

Yuck!!!!

I worked on my non fiction pitch this morning. I changed the beginning again. I think its a change for the better. At least until I read it to someone.

Jorgie and I thought of a cute little children's story last night when I was tucking her in bed.

So........ knowing my memory is limited, I immediately went into my office and wrote it down.

I have a little magic book that I write down my ideas in. Anything from children's stories, books ideas, and any other crazy thoughts that might pop in my head. Because who knows how long it will stay. It may only be there for a cup of tea and then disappear forever. Or maybe it's like one of those relatives that come and stay for a few days, but never seem to leave.

It's a small journal, about half the size of a paperback, and it fits nicely in my hand. When I hold it in my palm, it feels like I am holding a spell book. A treasure of ideas that could change the world.

Well, okay... that's a stretch. At least it might make a child laugh. That's magic though, isn't it. A child laughing is a magic we all seem to forget exists. Because sometimes as adults, we forget to laugh, especially at ourselves. We forget about the lighter side of life, and the joy that can be experienced everyday. A joy that should not be forgotten. A wonder that, when I get a glimpse of, makes me realize how great life can be.

Wow..... okay that was deep!

It's amazing the ideas that we all forget about. That's exactly why I write them down. I actually have quite a few children's book ideas in there. It's amazing how many ideas I have written in that little book.

A treasure of secrets. Yeah, it's like a little treasure box.

Well, that's it for today. I have to go help Jorgie get ready for school.
Those are the thoughts of a George,

Until tomorrow,

No comments: