Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Girl Scouts, Cake, and Tao Te Ching

I got up at a decent time this morning, about 4:55am. Not too bad.


I managed to squeeze in a decent amount of work on some nonfiction. Not a bad morning, but also not an overly productive morning either. Most of the time was spent reacquainting myself with the project.


I wanted to write in my blog on Friday, but one thing led to another and I didn't get around to it. It was mostly due to making a cake for Jorgies Girl Scouts. I wanted to get the cake done early so I could get some things done around the house. The cake came out pretty good, and everyone liked it. That's always a good thing. I can't imagine making a cake and someone not liking it.


Here's a picture of the cake:

I've been reading a good eye opener book. I just started reading it and it makes you think differently about life.

The book is: Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life By: Dr. Wayne Dyer

I have always been a fan of Dr. Dyer and he has been a great source of positive thinking and motivation for me. For his new book, Dr. Dyer took a year to read and research the famous Tao Te Ching, a famous 3000 year old book of wisdom. He takes each verse and translates it into how we can apply these teaching to our own lives.

This book is very peaceful, contemplative and even though I am only on the 7th verse, would recommend this book. This book isn't for everyone, and I think you have to be in a certain place in your life to accept some of the things the Tao Te Ching suggests, but that goes for a lot of things.

That goes for eating a candy bar for that matter.

Well, the kids are flocking in the office so my thoughts are a little bedazzled. Those aer the Thoughts Of A George for today,

Until tomorrow,

No comments: