Friday, June 19, 2009

Profit Margins on Junk

I woke up at about 4:30 this morning.

That was good, and it helped that I went to bed early last night. Worked on my nonfiction this morning and made some progress with that, so that makes me happy.

Got a lead on another free camper. I'm going to call the guy today, so hopefully I can get another hunk of aluminum to decorate our driveway. That will make everyone happy! Plus it will add another project to my to do list. Just what I needed!

I have the other camper out for sale now...... finally....but no bites yet. It's been out there since last Friday, so maybe in another week I'll do a price markdown. This is the kids tree house money, so I can't go too low. After all, I did purchase this one so I have to pay attention to my profit margin. Listen to me! I'm talking profit margins on junk campers, oh boy.... what has my world come to.

I did have a guy come to the door and offer to tar a portion of my driveway for the camper. He was young, thin built, wearing a orange safety vest and a large salesman's smile. His disheveled hair was pushed up one side as if he had just woke up and threw some clothes on.

"We're gonna have extra tar after our job down the street today. I can tar your drive way, REALLY cheap."

"I would love to, but I don't have the money."

Again he repeated that he could tar my driveway real.... cheap....... "Sorry, I just don't have the money."

"How about for the camper? I can do the edge of your driveway for the camper?"

"No, I really need the money." I said. (tree house money... can't build a tree house out of tar!)

"Oh, okay." He turned and was walking away, then stopped..... "I'll stop back later. I really want to buy the camper."

I nodded and replied. "Okay." I didn't hold my breathe though....... good thing, he never came back.


Well, those are the Thoughts of a George

Until Tuesday......... Yuck work!

No comments: