Friday, June 5, 2009

My mind, Mini Ecosystems, and Writing

Worked on my nonfiction piece today.

I miss writing fiction. It's so much more imaginative and less constricting when you can disappear into your own vision. A world created through imagination and not bound by rules of reality.
But writing is writing, and that's what matters. I believe in what I'm writing, which does help.

It's hard due to the fact that I have so many ideas that echo around in my otherwise empty head, but not enough time to get them down on paper. (the electronic kind anyway).

From children's stories to stories of love, they all fight for precious page time. In a way it's similar to how nature handles these situations. Natural selection one might call it. It comes down to survival of the fittest, like a real live mini ecosystem in my head. The strongest or most fruitful wins. If any of them are wounded or crippled, they may just perish.

I think the toughest part of writing is managing the time. Between chores, family responsibilities, work, useless searches on Google, Craigslist, more useless searches on Google, fixing campers, on and on and on........ writing time is sometimes tough to squeeze in.

But I can do it because I know that's one of the things that separates the real writers, from the dreamers.

Dedication to the art.

Well taht's it........ it's back to real work tomorrow. The kind where you punch in and out with an electronic time card. Those are the Thoughts of a George for today.

Until Tuesday.........

No comments: