Friday, April 24, 2009

Dirty litter boxes, birthday cake and Writing?

Wake Up: 6:30am

Push Ups: 70
Sit Ups: 20
Pull Ups: 10


Writing Time: 7:00 - 8:00

Didn't get much writing done this morning. Worked a little on The Waking Hour Chapter 1. Also did a little research on the BEA writers conference next month. I'm a little nervous about the pitch slam. Not really worried about the pitch, I can handle talking in front of people and taking criticism, but more worried that my writing isn't ready yet?



I did print out Chapter 1 and let April read it. She did like the new version better. She said she liked both, but liked the new revision better because there was more connection with the characters.

That's good.


I am going try to work on my pitch for the book this weekend. That's one benefit of having a job that doesn't require much brain power. I can have my mind on other things, like my book pitch. Don't tell anyone! Especially Walmart.

I made the baseball cake yesterday and it came out ......alright. I wanted to do so much more with it, but she's only giving me $40. At the rate it took me, plus cost of materials, I made about $7.00 per hour. Definitely not paying the mortgage off with that. And people wonder why I don't go into cake decorating.


I tried to make it look like Fen way Park. I probably should have used Fondant, but it would have been more expensive. Fondant is like an edible clay. It's not clay but you can form it like a clay.


I guess it's not that bad, it actually looks better in person than it does in the picture. I can be overcritical sometimes.


That's no big surprise. I'm overcritical about writing too. Sometimes I have to keep that in check. I am better than I used to be.


It's going to be so nice out today. I should call it quits so I can get myself outside and get something done. I really have to clean up the basement.

Sometimes I think about published authors, and their everyday lives. They have to do the same things we do. They have chores just as we do and sometimes.........(okay a lot of times).... we romance about being a real writer, being able to write all day. (as if that is a dream in itself) But in all reality, they're just like us.

They have chores too, kids, errands, grocery shopping, raking. They're human just like us.

Okay watch closely now, here's the positive spin on this.

If they can make it, we can too.

Despite the dirty litter boxes, and diapers.

Okay, that's the Thoughts Of A George for today.

Until Tuesday. Yeah it's back to work..........

No comments: