Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Cavernous Mind, Free Campers and Full Closets





Wake Up: 5:20am
Writing Time: 5:35am - 6:16am
Push Ups: 70
Sit Ups 20
Pull Ups: 10


My mornings haven't been very productive lately. I think mostly because I haven't had a direct vision of what I want to accomplish when I sit down at the computer.

Getting up late doesn't help either. Another thing that doesn't help, is that I have a few stories running through my mind at the same time and no time to explore them. That's frustrating. No writers block here, more like writers stuffed closet.

There are two stories that are really nagging me for time. I have one called "Touch" which is a struggle of good and evil spiced up with a love story intertwined.

"Will Vinny save the world, or will he risk everything and save his one true love?"

What good story doesn't have a love element in it. Seriously, it's rare that you find a popular story or movie that doesn't have a love story intertwined in it somewhere. Can you name one. I dare you to try.

The other story that is nagging for my time is "The Vines of Wisteria." It's a short story I wrote for Jorgies class. The characters are strong, and are still alive up there in that cavernous place called my BRAIN!

That's a scary place to be, even for a seasoned veteran like myself.

Well anyway, I worked on my synopsis this morning for the pitch session next month at the writing conference. Still nervous about my stuff not being up to par. Especially if anyone requests my material. What if they do request something, then I send it and it isn't any good! I just blew my one chance.

Oh stop George! There's always next year, right. Well, here is what I have so far. Let me know what you think.

The Waking Hour Synopsis

Robert Clayton had it all, a loving wife, a healthy new born child, and a home that most of us only dream of. He had the quintessential American life. But what happens when one single decision takes it all away. Can Robert ever truly recover? Can this man forgive himself for what is now gone forever? Can he ever stop blaming himself, his mother and his brother, so that he can move on and love again?
Not until Grace Galvenston, a single mom on the run from the law stumbles into their lives. Grace, a woman who has never known true love, except for her six year old son, unknowingly works her way into their hearts.
After her son’s life is saved by Robert from a flooding riverbed, Robert’s family opens up their home to Grace so she can stay. In return, Grace unconsciously gets in their hearts, setting in motion the road to healing.

But what happens when Robert finds out that Grace is wanted for murder. Should he believe her, does he know her enough to trust this woman he has fallen in love with. Or should he believe his brother, a police officer who doesn't always have the best judge of character. And if Robert can get past that, will he be able to face the past in order to save Grace, risking everything all over again.

Will he be able to save it all this time, or will it all be lost again.

The Waking Hour is a story of love, forgiveness, and of starting over. It is a story that resonates through all of our hearts.

What do you think? Doe it sound any good?

Does it make you want to read it? Let me know, feel free to leave a comment.

Well it's off to pick up a junky camper today. (FREE, can't beat that) Yeah that's right, 32 feet of junkiness. Hole in the roof, no tail lights, broken window, a real dream home!

Yeah it's sort of like my hobby. Well, kind of. I'm getting this one so I can use some of the stuff for the kids tree house. Usually I get them to fix up and sell, but not this one. I'll post about my escapade tomorrow. I hope there isn't much to post and it all goes smoothly.

Well, those are the Thoughts of a George,

Until tomorrow,

No comments: