Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Writing Time April 15th 2009

Wake Up: 4:40

Push Ups: 70
Sit Ups: 20
Pull Ups: 10
Chin Ups: 10

Writing Time: 5:05am - 6:13am



Over all, a good writing day. I started rewriting chapter 1 of the Waking Hour. It seems to be coming out much better. I had a problem with it and I wasn't sure what it was. I kept switching words around but it never really helped.

I wanted Chapter 1 to be quick and tense, but it felt weighed down and slow. So I decided that since it worked well with chapter 2, I would completely rewrite chapter 1 as well. Rewriting in the sense of starting from scratch and writing it all over again.

I think because I have a better image and view of the direction I want to go in, I can better write more concise and tighter words. I guess we will see. I wonder what the well know authors do?

I was going to make a comment on something Stephen King had said about writing and rewriting in his book On Writing but I don't remember exactly what it was. I'll have to find it again. I think basically it was that you have to cut your work to about a 1/3 of what it was. Sorry Mr. King if I have gotten that wrong. You can go ahead and contact me.

Please, maybe......let me know.

Well, anyway, I can only dream.

Well, that is The Thoughts Of A George for today.
Until tomorrow,
George

No comments: