Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Writing Time April 8th 2009

Wake Up: 4:50am

Push Ups: 70
Sit Ups: 20
Pull Ups: 10
Chin Ups: 5


Writing Time: 5:15am - 6:15am



Overall a good writing morning. I worked a solid hour and I'm happy about that. Still would like to wake up earlier, but that also depends on what time I go to bed.

I worked on the rewriting of Chapter 2 in The Waking Hour. I finished it, now all I have to do is print it out and read them back to back. I'm curious if this total rewrite will work. If this works, I'll probably apply it to some of the other chapters as well. It's strange because some of my chapters really sound pretty good, and some..........not so good.

I wonder why?

I wonder if it is because of my frame of mind when writing it, or if it is because a lack of connection with my character.

Hmmm? I wonder.

Well, I get my hour of writing "Touch" today. I look forward to that time. It's not really writing time, but I still get to work on it. Ever since I read this book, The Writers Little Helper. It has changed the way that I approach the first draft. It has helped me see a lot of good things about writing, and is an invaluable source in the planning stages of any writing. It explains to organize your outline into ten easy scenes which are essential to the flow of the story. I love this book and find myself referencing back to it several times. After reading it, it has changed the way I start all of my stories. Very, very, helpful.




I think the first draft of any story is the best. I get to invent a whole new world filled with characters, emotions, events and in a way, I get to play God. I think creation has a lot more power than we think. When I create things, I use a part of my brain that simply amazes me.

Where do we pull our ideas from, and what is this imagination thing? How did I develop mine, and how can I be sure my kids have an imagination?

Well, that's it for today.

Until tomorrow,
Those are the Thoughts of a George

No comments: